RP International Presents the Annual "The Eyes of Christmas"
Bringing holiday cheer and hope to the nation’s 31 million blind, raising public awareness and raising research funds. The Eyes of Christmas Holiday Special has become a seasonal favorite. It won its broadcast timeslot in the greater Los Angeles area on Christmas Eve night ’98. Celebrity-filled, and including our TheatreVision™ audio-described version of the classic movie “Scrooge,” it drew four times as many viewers as a competing primetime broadcast of “Scrooge” on Christmas Eve.
The special will air on ION Media Network Nationally on Christmas Day, December 24/25, and will also be carried by cable and satellite to 80 million homes throughout the country on DirectTV, Dish Network, FOXTv and ION Cable affiliates. (please check your local listing).
The Eyes of Christmas is a heart-warming and valuable aid to the nation’s blind, as well as a superb advertising opportunity. Sponsoring this event is both an investment in your company, and an investment in a future of restored sight for millions. You will have the highest advertising visibility possible and be part of a nationwide effort to bring a “lighted Christmas” to blind children and adults everywhere.
THE TIME TO START IS NOW! With our help, it can bring a cure for blindness – we are so close with new research breakthroughs! We invite your sponsorship of the Eyes of Christmas program, which will be the biggest ever.- CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Hosted By: Vin Scully, Bob Costas, Mario Machado
The Eyes of Christmas includes celebrity greetings, songs from some of today’s hottest music artists, and the classic film, Charles Dickens’ “Scrooge”, audio described in TheaterVision™ for the blind, visually impaired and fully sighted.
Blind Boys of Alabama
Jon Bon Jovi
David Hyde Pierce
For over 40 years, RP International has led the fight against disabling eye diseases afflicting over 31 million people in America and worldwide. Whether Retinitis Pigmentosa, Macular Degeneration, Usher’s Syndrome, Batten’s Disease, or related forms of degenerative retinal disease, RPI has battled against the darkness on many fronts over the past four decades.
- Sponsoring medical research and communication among leading researchers seeking a cure.
- Human services for blind and sight-impaired children, young adults, and seniors.
- Education of the public, medical professionals and of those suffering from disabling eye disease.
- Pioneering TheatreVision, and innovative patented technical development invented by RPI permitting the blind and sight-impaired to watch movies and television alike, and with their sighted family and friends. Voted by the Los Angeles Times as one of the 100 most important inventions of the Millennium.
- The annual Eyes of Christmas special, broadcast on network television, cable television, radio broadcast, and radio satellite, raising awareness and bringing holiday cheer to the blind.
All of our work is supported by donations from corporations and individuals. Your sponsorship is of the greatest importance to permit this work to go forward. We are in the early stages of astounding medical breakthroughs in the cure for blindness. With the support of dedicated volunteers (including many entertainment and sports celebrities), RPI has raised close to $22 million for eye research and education. But we can’t stop here! Much more is needed!
Or Please send donation to:
P.O. Box 900, Woodland Hills, CA 91365
(800) FIGHT RP
Phone: (818) 992-0631
Fax: (818) 992-3265
A 501(c)3 Non Profit Corporation. Federal ID #95-3707483